Sunday, January 25, 2009

Having arrived very early in the morning at the Palm Cove Marina, it gave me time to clean up myself and the boat before Thom and Sarah would arrive to pay us a visit.
I must admit that knowing how much good care they have taken of Precept, I feel almost guilty whenever something bad happens to Papy Jovial born Precept, like the damage to the hull that we suffered while tied up at the old Pungo Ferry marina on the first night of the voyage.
Anyway, Thom and Sarah arrived around 11:00 a.m. and I was able to draw on his knowledge and experience to get good advice to complete my preparation.
We then went for lunch at a Barbecue restaurant, and I enjoyed every minute of it and the conversation with Thom.
In the afternoon, it was nap time to catch up with the sleep deficit of the last leg.
In the evening, Sam and I went to the restaurant next to the marina, and we had an excellent dinner, although a little pricey. But the quality of the food was worth it.
Since I am not able to guarantee that we would be in Fort Lauderdale by Jan 28, Sam decided to go back home leaving in Jacksonville, as he has an important appointment to keep in Colorado.
I left the Palm Cove marina at 8:20 a.m., a little bit apprehensive to see how I would get back into the solo mode.
Everything went smoothly, much more than I anticipated. By 12:30, I passed the Bridge of Lions in St Augustine, and I decided to go as far as I could go rather than anchor at the MM 782.
A quick call to Sarah confirmed that the anchorage at MM 809 was a good one and I decided to make it.
I got to the anchorage at 5:15 p.m., with plenty of time to take care of everything, cook a nice dinner (steak and beans) and have an early night to have an early departure and make Titusville tomorrow.
The weather is as quiet as it can be, with almost no wind. And the temperature, at 68 F won't require me to start the genset.
All in all, a very good day.

No comments: