As soon as we turned the corner, Cliff told me that the marina would charge $75 even if I purchased fuel to have people come off or on the boat. So we decided to meet up the river, just before the 3rd Avenue bridge.
As we came up the river, we were told that the river was closed by the Coast Guard and the Sheriff. So we tied up at the city dock there, and
Cliff and Henri came aboard. The story was that a convict had escaped from the jail and they were looking for it in the river.
We waited until 12:30, after what it was decided that we had definitely missed the tide and that it would be better to try again tomorrow. Henri and Cliff left, and at 1:00 p.m. I heard on the radio that they had reopened the river. No regret, since today is quite windy and tomorrow will be a much better day to do it.
I will spend the rest of the day peace and quiet, tidying up the boat and taking care of admin stuff.
Tomorrow will be another day . . .