Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Soon to be tourist

When I arrived here at marin Taina, I told myself that I would not go visit the place until the boat was ready to go. I did not realise that time here does not go at the same pace as I am used to. Almost two weeks since we got here and I still have items on my to do list. This morning, I got up at 6 and spent the first 2 hours of the day taking apart the forward head, cleaning and removing the calcaire, and putting it back together. The head in my cabin is still waiting for a part that is essential.
This being said, progress has been made. I now have shore power reliably, the Monitor is ready to go, the whisker pole has been fixed and a lot of small jobs have been completed.
Then I still have to install my new computer, the sails are not back from the loft, etc. . . .
So, I have no idea what Tahiti looks like. I have made a few quick trips to Papeete, but too short to really get an idea of the place.
No matter what, next week I intend to visit and see what it looks like. I have booked an excursion on Tuesday and I am planning on making a few bus trips here and there and enjoy the place.
Jean-Francois is taking 2 weeks off with his wife Annie who flew in on the 10th and will spend 2 seeks here to visit Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea.
Yesterday, Claude came to visit and confirm that he will join us for the trip to Noumea. Good news as it means better sleep and a much easier passage. 
I am still struggling with Internet, despite three computers, 2 external long distance network adapters. different setups for the antenna. Sometimes, it works on one computer with one supplier, sometimes with another, sometimes nothing works. Game of patience which is not my specialty.

No comments: