Friday, October 9, 2009

Having it good

Since we left Rarotonga, we have a nice 15 to 20 knots wind from the SE,
maybe a little too much on the stern, but pushing us anyway in the right
direction at 5 to 6 knots.
I keep checking the Grib files and they keep telling me the same story.
Starting tomorrow noon, we might have to hoist the Yanmar sail. I hope
it won't be the case, but it is doubtful.
We have so far covered 138 miles with 698 to go to Neiafu. This time
round though I don't think we will average 140 miles per day and I
expect to arrive on the 15th morning rather than the 14th. I will
probably have to keep my stay there short as I need some time in Noumea
before heading for New Zealand.
Yesterday, I got confirmation that I will have a crew from Noumea to New
Zealand. He is a friend of the National Captain of the New Zealand
brothers of the Coast and I am looking forward to that.
This gives me time to find one, or possibly two crews to do with me at
least Sydney-Capetown, and possibly all the way back to France.

No comments: