Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wrightsville Beach

Another stop which will not be forgotten anytime soon. As it would be extremely difficult to find people as generous and hospitable as Tom and Barbara.
Tom was there, waiting for us as we arrived at Dockside, and helped us with the lines and with finding a diver to check on the shaft and especially the cutlass bearing after the crab pot incident.
We had lunch at the dockside bar and restaurant, which is a very lively place. In the afternoon, Tom drove us to Wilmington downtown and gave us a tour of the place. I must say, I had never seen Wilmington from that angle and it feels like I would like to return there with Papy Jovial.
Barbara joined us that evening and we had dinner at a fish house near Dockside. Generously, Tom left one of his cars with us so that we would be able to go shopping whenever we needed to.
On Friday, I wanted to do some work on the boat, just regular maintenance but that had to be done, like topping up the batteries with distilled water, changing the belt on the main engine as it shows signs of beginning to disintegrate, and other small chores.
Friday night, Barbara had cooked a wonderful dinner which we enjoyed at their place.
Saturday morning, Tom went with David to get his boat at Carolina Beach and was back mid-morning to show us Bradley Creek and then back to Dockside through Shinn Creek and the Motts Channel. We had lunch at Dockside, or to be more precise, on Tom's boat (Floundering around) with food provided by the Dockside restaurant. After lunch, little tour of the waterway up the Figure Eight bridge and some funny houses with a giraffe or a King Neptune in their front yard.
We then went back to Papy Jovial, gave some time to Tom and Barbara to go home and get ready for another great evening, this time a cookout in their yard.
Sunday morning, David got up at 5, drove himself to Tom's and then was driven to the airport to fly back home in Miami where he will be cooking the most part of a full turkey dinner. Tom and Barbara where by Papy Jovial at 6:30, and we left at 6:45 for Morehead city, going outside, Tom and Barb escorting us and taking some great pictures of Papy Jovial under sail against the rising sun.
This was a great conclusion of a great Easter Week-End with more than great friends.

No comments: