Thursday, November 4, 2010

Out od Africa

This time, we are leaving the African continent, headed for South
America. Not on a high note.
Last week, we decided to try a restaurant which looked clean near the
Clube Naval. And I made a fatal mistake by having 2 slices of raw
tomatoes with my well cooked meat and rice. And since then, it's been
running and I have not been able to find a way to stop it for more than
a few hours. I tried Imodium, I tried eating a diet of exclusively non
agressive things like white rice, yoghurts, oat meal. Nothing workds and
I am not looking forward to the next three to four weeks.
On a less personal note, I lost the screen on the main computer. The
scree itself seems to be alive, the computer too, but there is no signal
going from the computer to the screen which point towards probably the
VGA connection. I managed to install a small portable screen that I
normally use in the waterway to have a chart up there in the cockpit. If
and when I feel better, I will try and see if I can do something with
the main scree.
Weatherwise, we know that it is going to be difficult to move away from
the continent. We have to tack and try and go south almost to the
latitude of Namibe. But the wind has decided otherwise and we are for
the time being sailing almost due west, which is not too bad, We have to
keep going on that tack anyway until we are sure to clear the coast on
the other tack.
For the first 24 hours, we have reduced the distance to Cabedelo by a
mere 88 miles and we still have 2793 to go. This is going to be a long one !
The good news is that we have blue sky and calm seas. . . . .

No comments: