Friday, January 14, 2011

Photo safari


Martinique - 44
Originally uploaded by brisegalets
Family time is over, with Patricia and Alice back in Quebec and Anne in France. Today the morning was devoted to touring the south west part of Martinique and take some pictures. This one is taken in Anse Cafard, near the village of Diamant, and is a memorial to slaves who perished in the grounding of the vessel transporting them from Africa.
After that, we went to yet another super market to do the provisioning before the last leg during which I will cross my outgoing wake and complete, technically speaking, my circumnavigation. I will still have to sail back to Norfolk, but I intend to take my time and not get back up there while it is still too cold.
For this last leg, we are going to sail straight to Lucaya, as Olivier is flying back to France on January the 28. We have 1200 miles to go and we should arrive there on the 23rd, with enough time to spare if we go slower than anticipated.

No comments: