Tuesday, November 4, 2014

back in the washer

During the night, weather conditions worsened with apparent wind blowing up
to 30 knots and the seas to go with it with jerky movements of the boat
making it very difficult to keep your balance. Jean-Paul who is doing
exceptionally well, fell in the galley and hurt his leg and arm, but
recovered quickly. I fell twice, once on my way to the aft cabin, anf
Jean-Paul had to pick me up. Then I fell again while trying to go to the
bathroom, and it took me a long time and lots of efforts to get back up.
It is 11 o'clock,mornimg of the 4th of November and we still have 217 miles
to go. E.T.A. is now on the 5th probably early afternoon unless the wind
drops down which would be welcome. Tifille is terrified by the conditions
unable to find a spot where she would be a little comfortable. I took her
to the cockpit and she wasted no time to relieve herself. She will be very
happy whenever we get to calmer conditions. Probably tomorrow.

No comments: