Finally, by 10:00 am this Sunday, I could not stand to stay idle and waste one day doing nothing.
On top of that, a last minute check on the NOAA weather was showing Northerly wind 15 to 20 knots. Meaning, against the wind and the current, no way I could get to Morehead City before dark.
So, I went under the Wrightsville Beach bridge at 11:00 and made my way to the Harbour Village marina where I tied up at 1:30 pm. Since I have done it before several times, I know that by tomorrow, unless a bridge breaks down, I will be anchored at Morehead City. That will mean Coinjock on Wednesday night. I hope that someone from Norfolk will be able to come and help me to go through the Great Bridge lock and into Portsmouth. If not, I could either wait in Coinjock, or carry on. The weather, as always, will dictate what I do.