Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quiet week

The whole week I have been hoping for this damn knee to heal and at first it looked like it was not going to happen. But since yesterday Thursday I began to notice some decrease in the pain and I feel more comfortable in the evening that I used to. Hopefully this will be behind my come next week.
I have now done 7 coats of varnish and serviced three winches (the ones in the cockpit). I will do the remaining three winches tomorrow and hopefully by the end of the week-end will be done with the 10 coats of varnish. I will then be able to concentrate on the electronic projects (autopilot, solenoid, AIS, SSB and the DVD drive on the computer). Also, now that the bunk on the watertank is almost done, we can move forward, redo the lee cloth in the main cabin and finish with the leaks in the V-Berth. If time allows, I also want to redo the chain locker, first of all the partition between port and starboard. But also, I would like to have a floor above sea level built and evacuate the water directly to the sea through the hull rather than in the bilges.
Yesterday was Guillaume's birthday which we celebrated on Sea Lance with a chocolate cake. But this time, I tried to be careful with drinks and restricted myself to one glass of wine.
It's a little bit scary to think that it is already December 18th, with still so much to do. I know that the rigging will be done while on the dry, but there are still other things to fix before then.
The weather has now changed drastically into summer. It's nice and warm during the day but still cool during the night for a good sleep.

No comments: